Making Money Keeping Money

has been moved to new address

http://www.nerdfamilymoney.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Making Money, Keeping Money: Coupons, Coupons and More Couons

Making Money, Keeping Money

Monday, February 8, 2010

Coupons, Coupons and More Couons

I have a ton of coupons! This is one of my tools to save money. Unfortunately I wasn't taking good care of my tools;). Between going to Stanford for surgeries and holidays, I had a giant grocery bag full of coupons.

I have always had a coupon organizer just to attempt to make sense of it all (and have previously blogged on the specifics of organizing). But I was keeping them in a box that was cumbersome to carry along with all the kids. So I had been eye balling the $1 check organizers that Target has been carrying. But I just hadn't gotten around to doing anything about it. So I continued to exist with a messy box and a giant bag.
Well, we ended up decorating the organizers as a MOPS craft. It is a great cheap craft to do. It is just the little jewels with the glue already on them. I also hot glued a little ribbon to girlie it up;).

So it has been looking at me and today I couldn't take it anymore. I had my 8 year old start cutting but he could only do this week's before he gave up;). So then I attacked. I cut and cut and cut a little more (a big chunk was when I was on the phone with Dad;). Then I rearranged everything to fit into fewer tabs. I am planning using it like this to make sure I like the categories and then my labeller will do its magic;).

Nothing all that special but it is an awesome tool!

(I am adding this to Tackle It Tuesday and DIY Day)

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home