Making Money Keeping Money

has been moved to new address

http://www.nerdfamilymoney.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Making Money, Keeping Money: Why are we frugal?

Making Money, Keeping Money

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Why are we frugal?

So I was reading over at One Frugal Chick and she posted about why they are frugal. Then she asked why we are. So here it goes. We have 4 kids, 1 income and homeschool.....need I really say more;)? I believe the Bible when it says that we are to be good stewards with what we have been entrusted with and I truly believe that includes our money. That is not to say that I don't have or enjoy nice things but I am very frugal in acquiring them.

Examples:
First, I like that SunSilk hair products. So I collected a couple of coupons and waited for a sale. Then this week at Walgreens they had a sale of 3 for $10 and then you get $3 back for the next shopping trip. Then I used $3 in coupons. So I ended up spending $4 for 3 products.

Second example is DVDR's at Costco. They were having them Buy 1 Get 1 free. Now let us be honest, what family needs 200? So I called up a friend and we split them. So I paid 1/2 price!

I coupon, rebate, and sale shop. I even mystery shop. But I truly do it to enrich my family's life and to stretch those dollars! My goal is to eventual save enough money to pay off all our debts (we have 2 houses right now) and maybe even start a real business.

Technorati Tags: , , ,

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home