Making Money Keeping Money

has been moved to new address

http://www.nerdfamilymoney.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Making Money, Keeping Money: Maximize Your Toner and Check

Making Money, Keeping Money

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Maximize Your Toner and Check

I know its an odd headline but it made you curious didn't it;)? Before you spend precious time printing gobs of coupons make sure the stores you shop at take Internet Coupons. I know, it is a sad thought but often a reality. And don't be sure that the stores will know the chain's policy.

There are a few ways to find out if your chosen store takes Internet Coupons. Some stores like Walmart have a coupon policy online but not all of their employees know it (yes, they take them) and will fight with you about it. With some stores, like Riteaid, it varies by store so you need to call over and speak to the store manager. Then there are other stores, like Winco, that do not take any Internet Coupons.

So how does this influence my behavior? Well, RiteAid is running a wonderful free after rebate sale. I found another blog that had a bunch of printables for those same items. Before I printed them I called my RiteAid and found out that they wouldn't take them (Clovis and Kings Canyon for you locals). I saved my self money and paper by checking before I printed.

I do a lot of my grocery shopping at Winco so I don't print off every coupon I find. Just ones that will justify a trip to another grocery store. Frankly, the Winco store brand is usually a better price than a brand with the coupon (but that is another post).

So just check before printing to make sure you are Keeping Money!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • my local food city had a sign on their self checkout explaining that they don't accept internet printed coupons for free items. thankfully kroger, where i normally shop, does accept them.

    By Blogger Brooke, At October 15, 2008 at 12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home