Making Money Keeping Money

has been moved to new address

http://www.nerdfamilymoney.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Making Money, Keeping Money: Wordless Wednesday: Freecycle Deal!

Making Money, Keeping Money

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Wordless Wednesday: Freecycle Deal!



So you may ask, What does a piano have to do with Making Money or Keeping Money? Well, I got this piano off of my local Freecycle list (a yahoo group). I paid to have it moved after I had a friend look at it to make sure it has good bones. So for $110 I got a piano that had its first service in 1935.

Freecycle has been a great resource for me in both giving and getting. I obviously got a great piano but I have also gotten clothing and neat decor things. I have also gotten rid of stuff that I would have had to pay to haul. Things like a giant metal desk, the kind Salvation Army won't take. I was having a baby shower, rearranged my living room and wanted it gone. They came and got it so it was a blessing to some one else who need a huge desk.

2 Comments:

  • That's amazing! What an incredible deal! I just signed up for the Freecycle in my area and am looking forward to getting rid of a lot of my stuff, as well as (hopefully) getting some new-to-me treasures.

    By Blogger Heather, At August 1, 2008 at 11:37 AM  

  • I'm a musician and I love that you got this piano. The stories it could tell if it could talk. Congratulations on a fabulous find - thanks for sharing!

    By Blogger Audra Krell, At August 1, 2008 at 2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home